Membership: Join Us!
The Folklore Society of Greater Washington, established 1964, produces more than 200 events every year: concerts by local and touring artists, weekly dances with great callers and live music, a family dance appropriate for all ages, storytelling events, jams, sings, workshops, two annual festivals, and two annual retreats.
All of our events are open to everyone, but members get free admission to some and discounts on most. And when you Join FSGW, you are helping us keep these programs affordable while paying artists fair fees for their work. You become a steward of the living tradition.
- Monthly newsletter -- full of FSGW and other DC area folk events, published eleven times a year.
It’s always viewable for free online, or you can have it mailed to you for an additional $15 a year,
- Free admission to the Member Programs held from September through May, plus two contra dances,
- Reduced admission to weekly contra dances and English Country dances,
- Reduced admissions to all FSGW special concerts and special dance events,
- Reduced and priority admission at FSGW weekend festivals and dance camps,
- Reduced admission to many events sponsored by nearby folk societies, and
- The opportunity to meet, jam, dance and have fun with other folkies in the DC area.
| ||1 Year||Life|
To join or renew, print and fill in the form below, and mail it in with a check. We look forward to having you with us!
Already a Member and wanting to renew online? If you do not have an FSGW web site login, email "firstname.lastname@example.org" with your name and FSGW member number (from your membership card or newsletter mailing label), and request a login.
Once you have a login, log in, then click on MY MENU, then on the next page click on "Sign-Up", then on the next page make sure your name is shown/selected under "Name(s) at This Address" and click on "Click to Add This Name at This Address" at the bottom, then on the next page click on "Step 2. Select Items", then on the next page under "Step 2. Select FSGW Membership Items", select a Membership Item you want, then click on "Click to Sign Up", and repeat that as needed.
Once you have your desired Membership Items all added, click on "Step 3. Pay Online through PayPal", and you will be forwarded to the PayPal site to complete your payment.
For more information, please contact the FSGW Membership Chair via email, using the "Email" button for them shown just below.